Sunday, July 18, 2010

catching up



A lot has happened since I've sat down for some me time. Here's the quick overview. We purchased an old but new to us trailer. Went off for a week of fun with my parents and had a ball. Brody had his tonsils removed..... (pure hell) He re-bled so they went back in and fixed his haauuuge blood clot. They pumped his little belly and they said it was full of old blood. Yummy. Poor kid had been swallowing it all day. (2nd Surgery was at 10:00 at night) Then we've went through pink eye, nasty colds, and brody had his first ear infection since tubes a year 1/2 ago. And now my poor easton has the dreaded cold. Lets just pray it doesn't progress anywhere. I'm exhausted. Overwhelmed, yet at the same time I wouldn't trade it for anything. Literally, an endless supply of money, the perfect house, the perfect life. Nothing compares to the love I have for my family. I tear up just thinking about them. These past few weeks have been rough but I still feel blessed. Here's a few moments i don't want to forget.
* brody's 2 yr old stage. Wow he boggles my mind. I caught him at the fridge holding a gallon of apple juice up to his lips. I absolutely hate sticky floors. Major pet peeve. I grabbed it before he spilled. But he quenched his thirst, mission accomplished.
* his need for me. I am his only true love for now. When he wakes up he calls for me under his door. Cody opened the door the other day and Brody threw himself into a fit. I came to his rescue and asked if he wanted me to open his door. He jumped up, closed the door, and called for me again. I opened his door and he jumped into my arms. I guess I need to be the last face he sees before bed and the first one in the morning. That makes my heart swell.
* easton was such a wreck the other night and cody got him settled down. I knew he was hungry so I had cody pass him to me and I took him into my arms and nursed him right there, in the middle of the kitchen. Precious moments.
* He is an extreme kid. He's either somber or unhappy. He rarely is laughing and smiling. Makes me wonder what we have in store for us. Yikes!! But when he does laugh we drink it all up.
* Austy is the only one who can get Easton to laugh. She has this sisterly love and she can get him rolling. No one compares to her in his eyes. The way she is with Brody is amazing. She loves him so much. They have little sleepovers in 'jue-jues' bed. That is how Brody says sister (jue jue). He has his own lingo and Austy usually had to interpret for me. "He wants a cookie mom, not a popsicle." So special.
* But the one that takes the cake is just yesterday Austy comes to me and asked to watch Raechie's video. My heart sunk. It is so hard for me to watch the movie. The memories come flooding back, such good ones, but man they hurt. The minute i put the movie in I'm sobbing. Austy jumps up into my lap and we cry together. I can see Raechale in Austyn so much. And sometimes I can see Brody's eyes in Raechie's. They both have beautiful big brown eyes. Austyn has heard us talk about Raechale's death and she is putting the pieces together, she asked me why she had to die. Oh, my sweet girl. I wish I could shield you from all of this pain. I love her innocence. My story had always been that Raech was hurt so bad that Heavenly Father took her in his arms and made everything better. She is in Heaven where pain isn't felt. I was always vague. But Austyn has realized someone bad caused this. I was trying to explain about free agency and mistakes. It was messy and beautiful at the same time. She is such a smart girl. Ohh, how I love her. I love that she reminds me of Raech daily.

Motherhood is every emotion on ecstasy. Anger, frustration, exhaustion, love, joy. Its a complete surrender of your heart. Kudos to us!!

7 comments:

Meagan said...

I am so glad you posted. I had no idea you guys have been so sick, I am so sorry. I love the little things you want to remember. Its so good to write it down, because its those little things that we will forget if we don't write them down. Thanks for the one about your sister too. I feel your pain, and how hard that would be to explain to a child. It is so great that we believe in the Atonement of Jesus Christ and know that you will see your sister again. It will be a beautiful reunion I am sure. You are a wonderful mother. I feel the exact same when it comes to happy, anger, frustration, joy, pain, love... Motherhood is full of every emotion. But seriously I think you are a GREAT mom.

Hayley said...

WOW! You have been running yourself ragged with all the sick kiddos! Hope you're taking care of yourself too. They need to have an immunization for moms that covers every bug/disease/virus imaginable.

You're such a good mom, Melissa. I can't imagine having to explain something like that to a child. You're doing an excellent job. I think you're one of the strongest people I know.

Mykell said...

They are getting so big!! Your mom and dad look great! I am glad you are having some fun, despite being so sick. I was looking at Austyn's pictures and she looks just like you and Raechale, she is such a doll!! We have to get together before summer ends! We just love you guys and we think about you all the time!

Kari said...

I really want to come out and see those cute kids! I am sorry you've not been well, it's not fun when kids get sick. Maybe in a few weeks I can get it together enough to come see you. you are a grest mom, your sister is so proud of you! :)

Awesome Oettli's said...

Glad you are getting through this tough patch of illness. Your "rig" looks like a lot of fun. I appreciate your candidness in your posts, it is truly humbling-your sister is very proud and helping you and your family from the other side.

Proctor's said...

melissa! I LOVE YOU!!! those kids are adorable! I am jealous of the new, old rig, you have a bigger tv in that than i do in my house. ha ha. my jacob is having his tonsils out next week and now i am a lot more worried, i really pray it goes better than your little guys. I hate the anxiety of them taking my kids and putting them under anesthesia!!! I really see a lot of Raechale in your beautiful daughter! I am so grateful you feel so blessed, you should have everything in life with what you deal with every day! WE LOVE YOU!!
Kerianda

Emily S said...

You are awesome . . . wow, what a month! Thanks for taking time out of it to help me out. Seriously, your lesson the other day was SO inspiring for me. I loved reading about your conversation with Austyn. It's terrible to have to talk about, but how awesome that because you're a good mom the spirit helps you through the talk and you can feel closer to your daughter.