Monday, March 8, 2010

baby Easton

He's here. He arrived on Wednesday just like we planned. It seriously couldn't have went better. The c-section went smoothly. And he arrived healthy and adorable as ever. When we arrived they hooked me up to all the machines and started an IV to get me ready. According to the monitors I was having some pretty decent contractions but I never felt a thing. And then when Dr. Robinson opened me up she said my uterus was in pretty bad shape. He was on his way into this world that day no matter what. We just made it a little easier on him. She said my uterus was pretty see-through and was getting a little too thin. Um, scary. A uterus rupture doesn't sound pleasant. But it reinforced our 3 kid, no mini-van plan. So here we are, complete.

Everything is going super well so far. The kids love and adore him. And Brody is doing exceptionally well. I was concerned about him. But he understands soft and for the most part leaves him alone. Austyn is great and is his second mommy. Today while holding him she said 'it's burning, it's burning'. I thought she was quoting a movie and didn't think anything of it until I picked him up off her lap and she was covered in urine. His diaper had leaked all over her and the warm urine must have been 'burning' her!

I'm seriously glowing. When we are in the car, I look in the backseat to see all my babies and I realize how lucky I truly am. They are just great. A hand-full but great. My only complaint is this incision. Its getting in the way of everything. I feel so useless sitting on the couch while Cody is wrestling with the kids. I can't stand seeing my house dirty and me not helping out. Brody is still in the loving, hold me stage and I can't pick him up. Its hard to hold him in my arms because he ends up hitting my incision or my engorged chest. So not pleasent.

Life just seems so perfect right now. I guess we'll see what happens when Easton and I aren't pumped up on percocets. That might make things a little different. But right now life is great. Prepare for picture overload, no commentary because I'm wiped out and he's going to be ready to eat in a few minutes. But still, ENJOY.......















31 comments:

Ellis Family said...

Congradulations you guys!! I'm so excited for you! He is adorable!!

Julie and Mitch Cox said...

He's absolutely adorable. I am so glad everything went well congrats. I am glad you are enjoying it and taking it all in. It goes by quick.

The Quintana Family said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! I love his name :) He looks just like Brody. Congratualtions!

Michelle Jensen said...

I can't believe you have pictures up already. He is so cute and you are so lucky!! Congrats on everything going good and I think it will be so so much fun for you! You should take a nap :)

Hayley said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful, and that name fits in with your fam perfectly.

I'm so happy for you! Also... IT'S OVER! Woot woot!

Emily S said...

Congrats! He's so precious. How big was he? I'm so glad you're enjoying things, as I think newborn is hard stuff. You are awesome - love that Austyn had a "real mom" experience. :)

Bry and Meliss said...

Yay! I have been checking your blog like every day waiting for pictures! He is SO adorable! He looks JUST like Brody in his little pictures. Lucky guy, he will be very handsome!! Life must be crazy-call me if you need me to take your other monkeys for a while or if you want me to vacuum or do dishes or something. I would LOVE to do it!

Mindy R said...

Congrats!! That's so exciting! He is adorable. How big was he? Your cute family looks complete!

Jessica said...

Holy Crap! Can we say little Brody. He is adorable.

Our McCoy Family said...

Melis, he is darling!! Congrats!!

Kelly said...

So Sweet!! He is beautiful! Love the name, love all the pictures. You look beautiful as well. Such a cute family. I hope you heal super fast, and can pick up your super cute kids soon!

Reader Family said...

Yeah! I'm so glad everything went so good. He is SOOOOOOOOOO cute! Can I come love on him? I love the name too. Good work! :)

Meagan said...

He is adorable.. he looks alot like Brody. I am so happy for you and glad that everything went so well.. I need to come and visit sometime and hold cute little Easton..

Hess Clan said...

OOOoo..so so cute-he is absolutely adorable. I am so glad everything went well.

Mykell said...

He is so stinkin cute!! Just like Brody!! Austy sounds just like Haylee, mommy #2, she will love it! Thanks for letting me hang out with you, I really enjoyed loving on him. Call me if you need anything!!

Steven and Kimberly said...

Such a great family. I'm glad he is here and everyone is happy and well. I think Easton fits perfectly into your family! He sure does look like Brody. Let me know how everyone is doing and if you need anything at all.

The Nash Family said...

Congrats you guys!! He is so beautiful! You make some pretty cute babies:) I can't believe your done when I am just getting started lol!!

Proctor's said...

Melissa!
HA! I seriously about peed my own pants when i read about your boy peeing all over his sister and then about died when i saw the picture too, i guess he is just marking his territory! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You guys deserve EVERY happiness you can possibly imagine!
Kerianda

Liz said...

Congrats! What a cute little guy! I hope recovery goies quick and you feel great real soon.

Fae said...

I don't think you should be done producing offspring -you make attractive offspring! Mini Van meet the Cox family. Also I'm calling you a biotch for the way you look after having a cs -I looked like the Michelin Man I was so puffy! Good work Melissa he's a handsome boy.

Keli said...

Congratulations Melissa! He is so cute! I am so excited for you. Wish I could come see him!

Erin said...

Wow! What a little cutie! I love the baby the size of a bag of trail mix, pic. Wish I could come over and clean your house for ya. I know that's gotta be a killer for a neat nut like you. P.S. Three IS Perfect!

Katie said...

He's beautiful!! Congratulations on making that handsome baby boy :)

I hope you're starting to feel better. It took me awhile before I didn't feel like my incision area was on fire every time I tried to anything normal. You just get as much rest as possible, don't break the c-section "rules," and you'll heal so much faster!

Can't wait to see more pics of your beautiful family!

Adam and Sarah said...

such a cutie, melissa! im so happy for you guys. i love the pics of you looking down at him in the hospoital. it's so sweet and it made me all teary because today i'm all melancholy about how fast my kids are growing. lol that, and i'm pms-ing majorly today. ha!
anyway, he is gorgeous and im excited he's here and that everuthing went well! :D

freckletree said...

congrats and honestly, you look hella fabulous.

good luck with the upcoming days and weeks and months . . . you seem to be a pro and know what you've gotten yourself into.

beautiful, beautiful baby.

Ash and Dev said...

He's so beautiful! Congratulations I can't wait to meet him. If there is anything you need, I'm right around the corner.

Tiffany said...

Congratulations!!! He is oh so sweet and SO cute, I'm happy things went well! Recovery is always the hardest, I'm NOT looking forward to that part, but the newborn baby part? For sure!

Oh I have a new url that isn't private its justtiffanysthoughts.blogspot.com!!

Jules said...

He is soooo adorable and definitely looks like his brother. Don't worry about the house or the mess. Just hold your little ones and enjoy soaking up the love and kisses.

Leesee Girlyfield said...

He is absolutely beautiful!!! Congratulations! Hope he's letting you get some sleep!;)

Amanda said...

He's beautiful!! Ya done good honey!

Lynja said...

He is very cute. I haven't seen him yet. I love the pics with the other siblings. those are always the best:)