Tuesday, November 24, 2009

don't come knockin our way

Our house has been nothing but germ central. Austy has now missed 4 going on 5 days of school. Last week she had strep throat. And still lingering with a horrible cough, nobody has seen her since last week. Every day I call in to excuse her from school I swear they are thinking I've beat her up and she can't go out in public. But worst of all came last night, into the wee hours of this morning. We took Brody to the emergency room at 5:00, bright and early. He couldn't breath and had a horrible cough. And his fever was insane. They diagnosed our little ball of hell with pneumonia and swine flu. Can you believe it? I couldn't either. I mean last night he did have sort of a yucky cough but come on, swine flu? It hit so hard and so fast. All he wants to do is be held, his fever is raging, he can't cry becuase he is so raspy. All he does is weeze in a pathetic way. He can hardly breath and his cough is just plain scary. If he gets upset he can't catch his breath. I think he might have croup along with everything else. If I take him outside he has an easier time breathing. Its been a mad house. I'm covered in medicine because he isn't a big fan and I haven't slept well in forever. Needless to say we won't be going anywhere for Thanksgiving and no after sales for this mommy. Sad, huh?

9 comments:

Hayley said...

Melissa, that really really sucks. Watching your babies deal with being sick is so hard. I hope they get better soon.

Meagan said...

I am so sorry Melissa. I hate having sick kids, it is horrible. I hope you all get better soon...

Mykell said...

I'm sorry he is so sick!! Pay and McCoy are sick too, I hate it when they are sick. I hope you all get better soon!! Let us know if you need anything.

Shi said...

Oh that is soo sad... I hope he gets feeling better soon so you can get some rest. I'll send some prayers your way.

Gina said...

When we were little and had croup/breathing problems, my mom would start a hot shower and have us sit in the bathroom...not the hot water, just the steam. It always made me feel better. So sorry your kiddos are sick!! I hope everyone gets feeling better soon.

Chambrae said...

So sorry to hear that they are so sick. There is nothing worse than a baby who can't breath. I always put my kids in the shower with me when they are like that. It seems to help clear out their lungs a little bit. Hang in there and maybe you can catch a few online black friday sales!!

Awesome Oettli's said...

The Swine Flu has a two week incubation period, sounds as if they caught it in Disney Land, did he already have his immunization?

Jules said...

So sorry to hear about the sickies at your house! I'll be around over Thanksgiving (except for dinner at my mom's) so let me know if you need anything (I can run to Walmart for you).

Kelly said...

Ha! You're funny. No I don't care that you put us on your blog list. I'm adding you to mine now too. I love your blog! Sorry your kids have been so sick. How are they doing now? It just makes me want to cry and take it away when my kids get sick. I hope you're getting some sleep now. Thanks for writing me a comment, it was super sweet. I may offend some people with my constipation talk, but those people have probably never been constipated! :-) Hope you had a great T-Day! And super cute kids! (really, I'm not just saying that).