Saturday, September 19, 2009

Utah State Fair and misc.

We went to the Fair on Friday night with my parents. It was a blast. I think I have as much fun (or more fun) as the kids!!
I'm riding with Austy and my dad has Brody. I'm sure if you click on it, it will enlarge and you can look at their faces. Pure excitement!! (i think?)
The guy asked me if I would be alright to ride. Gee, can't you tell there is enough pading to keep this baby from bumping anything! Ah well, nursing will suck it all away. Thats my motto.

Yee haw cowboys!



Don't mind her right eye. There must have been something on my lens.
Isn't that cute. The calf was 3 weeks old. I had to give it a love also. It was so soft. Oh you could just squeeze him. Walking through all the live stock areas I kept telling myself there is NO WAY I could be a farmer or ranch girl. Sorry Janette :). The smell and my allergies combined, woof. My eyes felt like they were neon red and my nose was running all over the place. I'd make a crummy farmer.
This is what a day at the fair will do to yah. Exhaustion. Look closely and you can see he has chocolate dried to where his binkie was. Oh, to be little again!
These are at home with Bella the fish in the background. I couldn't get over his chubbiness.
Look at those thighs!!! EEK! I love to smother them in kisses.
I love this boy! Take a good look at those cabinets. I finally got the gumpsion to paint them. I'm doing a green color. No, not neon green, more like a sage green. I let you know how they turn out! Wish me the best of luck, I'm going to need it!

This is when Austy tried to dress him up as a princess. He wasn't to thrilled about that.
Sometimes these kids are so crazy I find myself wanting to just cry, whole away in my room and cry. But then you realize how blessed you are to have them and how much better they make your life.


10 comments:

Hayley said...

Um, you barely look preggo- you look pretty great, actually. But then again, having experienced a belly that was 50" in circumference, I'm a little biased.

Your facial expression on the slide is way more excited than the kids'! LOL

Mykell said...

You look more excited on the slide then the kids do!!! Brody is so cute he looks just like his dad!! I'm glad that guys had so much fun and I agree, you look great!!! I know what you mean about the crying I spend a lot of time doing that myself, my 4 are CRAZY!!!

Bry and Meliss said...

Melissa you're so sweet! I am so sorry I haven't called you back. Life is CRAZY!!! I can't complain, it hasn't been as bad as I thought, but still busy. Thank you SOO SOO much for your call and comment on my blog...you're the bestest! :) I love having such great friends who check up on me. Everything is really great, just really busy. I'm so jealous you went to the fair! We wanted to go, but just wanted a day at home...

Adam and Sarah said...

I'm so excited to see how your cabinets turn out! I want to paint mine as well -- they are so bland and boring. I've been scared to do it, though, so maybe you'll be my inspiration! Tell me when you finish, because I wanna come check it out fo' sho'! :D

The Quintana Family said...

I love your cute little prego belly!!!

The Quintana Family said...

P.S. Brody's little chubby thighs are definitely very cute :)

Hayley said...

LOL I remembered! I wondered what you would say ha ha. I do, however, remember that you weren't pimply. So there you go.

I was going to put something naughty here about blowing, but I'll refrain.

Ash and Dev said...

YAY! I'm so glad you found me too! I love the fair I am bummed cause we missed it this year and I wanted to take Coop to see the animals.

Kari said...

Cute tummy! I am with you on the farmer thing, it's really not for me! I painted my cabinets a green color and they turned out OK. I will have to take a picture for you.

Kristylee said...

Just catching up on my blogs, looks like you've had quite the crazy summer. Lots of fun and not so fun times.