Wednesday, June 3, 2009

uP

Through all the previews I couldn't understand what the rave was all about. But I went tonight to see it with my mother-in-law, Austy-poo, and Dillon. I. loved. it. I laughed my guts out and my eyes welled up like, seven times. I would defintly recommend it to everyone.

So Cody's dad kept little todster (brody) and if you know him you'll realize this is a haaauuge deal. He changed Brody's poopy diaper! Yes, he, all by himself. I'm sure it got to the point where he couldn't stand the stink anymore, he had called all the surrounding neighbors and relatives, but not a one was home. When they say grandkids change a person, I totally believe it!! Gary is in love with this boy. (of course he still loves Austy but this little man is a replica of gary!) It's the same for my dad. When I had Austy he was madly in love with her. From the time she was little he talked about taking her hunting and fishing. I love our parents so much and I'm so grateful we live so close to both of them.











9 comments:

Hayley said...

Grandpas are so fun. It's funny how a couple of grandkids can turn a grumpy old man into a huge teddy bear. At least, that's the effect they have on Dave!

Sarah said...

So sweet! I don't think my dad has gotten to that point yet. And now they are all out of diapers. My little brother always made sure I had JUST changed the kids before I left them.

Cute pictures!!

The Quintana Family said...

My dad was the same way lol When I got pregnant with Syd and was getting close to the end he kept telling me to leave her in there as long as possible, because he wasn't ready to be a grandpa. Then I had her, and he was the one yelling at everyone to wash their hands before they held her and he was the one who would hog her all the time lol

Mykell said...

Did Austy like the movie? Haylee & Pay want to go & I wasnt sure if the would like it or not. My dad is awesome with the grandkids too. My boys love to hang out with papa. When my dad was really sick and in bed all the time, he had a tv and satellite put in his room so my kids could still hang out with him. I thought that was cute.

Kari said...

How sweet! I really wish my kids had grandparents like that. :( You are great to recognize what you've got. See you soon!

Jules said...

That's great that Grandpa did the diapey changing thing! This week, since I've been on bed rest, I've had similar help. My 13 year old changed a poopey diaper for the first time (Hurray!!!) and yesterday while I took a nap, Grandpa changed a pooper for the first time in probably 30 years.

Martins said...

So, I worked my LONG 12 hour shift tonight and was winding down, so I was blog-hopping and I have to say... I LOVE that thrifty Decor chick. Her laundry room is decorated better than any room in my house!!! I definitely could use some help in that department!!!

We liked Up too.. but I almost cried in the beginning.. and then I cried at the end. How pathitic am I!???

Hayley said...

Melissa, you go right on ahead and be one of "those" neighbors! I'm happy we'll be in the same 'hood... Drop by whenever you have time, we don't mind!

Katie said...

Hey! Do you know what hospital Hayley is at? I wanted to send her something, but I want to make sure I have the right place. Thanks!