Wednesday, April 15, 2009

surgery

Stitches on Monday and now surgery on Wednesday. Crazy, crazy, crazy! Brody had tubes put in his ears which actually went really well. We were there at 6:30 this morning and were out of there by 9:00. Everything went smoothly except when he came out of recovery. He was so cranky and miserable but that's to be expected. Austyn was the same way when she got hers done. I'm so grateful we did it. the Dr. came to talk to me afterwards and he told me that Brody's ears where full of infection, like a glue substance and no antibiotic would have taken care of it. So we are lucky we had it done now because he was just getting worse. We do plan on going to DISNEYLAND in a few weeks so at least he'll be up to par when we head out. Sorry, no pictures. My camera wasn't working this morning and so you just have to trust me that he looks like a doll in the hospital gown with his droopy little eyes from the medication. Oh, he was just adorable with his little butt hanging out of his gown! Oh, and now he has SEVERE diarrhea! Yeah, absolutely disgusting!!! Major blow outs at this house. I keep telling myself 'this to shall pass, this to shall pass'! So this house hold will be quarantined for awhile. At least the weather is crummy. And hopefully in a couple days we'll be ready for the sunshine...and probably another catastrophe :)

7 comments:

Hayley said...

More like "this poo shall pass!"

BWAHAHAHAHAHA I'm so clever!

Meagan said...

OH my goodness. I can't believe the week you have had. I saw Austyns picture and was amazed at how bad it was, I hope that you are doing ok. that is tough having two hospital visits in 2 days. Well I hope Brody gets feeling better and Austyn too.

The Quintana Family said...

Wow hopefully the poor little guys feels better soon! Syd and Tasia both had tubes, and it helped SO much! I was glad when the dr finally had us get them in.

Adam and Sarah said...

Melissa! This is Sarah. Email me your email address and then I'll (finally!!!) send you a blog invite. I know, I'm a slacker. Sorry!
Oh, and I'm glad both your kids are doing ok. Not a fun week!

Whitney said...

Sad Mel, you have had a couple of rough days! I dont know how you are doing, I think I would be an emotional wreck (especially with the blowouts on top of everything else) You are such a good Mom. I hope everyone at your house starts getting better soon!

Hayley said...

You know, I probably make things out to be worse than they are. Ok... they really are that bad. I think the only dr appts I have that aren't traumatic are the ones where Heather does her ultrasound thing and I don't have to actually SEE my doctor. Those u/s appts are so fun- I'm sure I'm constantly shocking the crap out of Heather with the things that come out of my mouth.

You know, I thought about complaining, but I think I'll just mention it to my dr. when I go in on Monday. I think the girl was just young and new and I didn't want to embarrass her. Plus, I was trying not to be a wimp. You'd think being my mom's shot-and-blood-draw guinea pig growing up woulda made me tougher. She takes it well, though!

How're the kids today? Hope everyone's feeling better. We've both had an interesting week! Must be something in the air.

Kristylee said...

With me no longer working full time Ryan and I decided to get health insurance on our own, your last two blogs made me glad we did!