Monday, April 13, 2009

Stitches

my little pirate





















Yes, my little monkey got stitches today!!! I'm so proud of her and how strong she is! She was playing at our neighbors house as I was running some errands around the neighborhood; her and her buddies were in the back yard and the swing hit her right on her eyebrow, split it right open. My sweet neighbors had her all cleaned up when I got there and so I just took her to the urgent care. I heart urgent care!!! They were great. And cheaper than the emergency room. They were so gentle with her and I love the receptionist! She is such a neat lady. good times, good times. Anywho, she got 3 stitches and 2 suckers. She is such a tough little chick. When we got home all she wanted to do was play again. She was riding her bike and fell off, onto her face, yep, you got it. Right onto her eyebrow!!! Road rash all over her forehead and then the 3 stitches holding her eyebrow together. Poor child.




I just love my babies so much. They are the world to me.












This picture kills me.

"Crap. Dad caught me poking Brody in the eye. Better pretend to love him better so I don't lose my Easter loot!!"

8 comments:

Hayley said...

What a trooper! Her poor little face breaks my heart! You make some seriously cute kids.

The Quintana Family said...

Poor Austyn! That looks like it hurts! What a trooper going right back out to play after too! My kids would milk it for all it was worth lol We haven't had any stitches around here yet *knock on wood*, but I have a feeling my little daredevil Tasia will be the first one with them.

I love the last picture too! That is too funny. Kids try so hard to look innocent when even when we catch them in their little act huh!

Kami said...

Oh! Poor girl! Swing sets can be really hazardous. Brandon is setting up ours right now. You'll have to come over and they can play since she doesn't seem to have any post traumatic stress disorder to deal with.

Mykell said...

She has always been a tough little monkey. It could have been worse. I love urgent care too they, took really good care of Payton when he got the staples in his head. She will be good though. i love the last picture too, it reminds me of Pay and McCoy, except its usually McCoy picking on Pay.

Bry and Meliss said...

Poor girl! What a trooper!! I LOVE that last picture! How cute is that??!!

Katie said...

Awww, such a brave girl! Thank you so much for what you wrote, it was SO nice. We've not had the best few days here recently, and I really needed to hear some positive re-enforcement! Your kids a adorable and I especially love that last picture of them together. Too cute!!

Your husband looks and sounds like such a good man, I hope I can get one of those one day :)

Liz said...

Ouch! Poor girl! Sounds like she is tough. Kelty got one shot at the Doctor today and she has been limping and whining all day. I need Austyn to teach her how to be tough.

Michelle Jensen said...

Poor little Austyn. Nothing like that has happened to us yet and I am just waiting for something. So good that she is doing better. That is terrible that she fell right on it again. It just makes you take deep breaths having kids doesn't it.