Friday, February 20, 2009

my polka-dotted birthday boy!!!















My poor little birthday boy is sooo sick!!! Last week started our hoorah with double ear infections which continued into upper respiratory infection. Then onto an allergic reaction to the medicine. And now 3 days of shots to tackle this brutal infection! He has been miserable. But we were able to have some family over and enjoy cake and ice cream before we spent a good 3 hrs at the doctors office! Things are looking up, he did let us see his beautiful smile a couple times to day. And Austy loved to open his new toys!!! I am so grateful for this little beauty in my life! He is all boy. So curious and so into things! You've probably already read my post about how I didn't want him and I wasn't into the whole BOY thing! But I'm officially the obsessed mother! Those chunky thighs, big brown eyes, and oh so sweet smile! Yeah, I'm going to be the mom dropping him off at school, kissing and hugging him in front of all the cool kids, telling him to 'make good choices'!!!! He'll be a momma's boy! I'll make sure of that.......

8 comments:

Kim said...

I CANNOT BELIEVE IT IS HIS BIRTHDAY ALREADY. IT WAS LIKE IT WAS YESTERDAY AND YOU WERE PREGO WITH THIS HANDSOME LITTLE DUDE!!!

SORRY TO HEAR HE IS SO SICK, BUT HE IS A STRONG LITTLE MAN AND WILL OVERCOME ALL OBSTACALES.

CHAT WITH YOU LATER

Hayley said...

Look at that little chunk! How freakin cute! Cade's always been a string bean.

Yeah, we've had the same crap at our house. Luckily he's over it but John and I can't kick the colds we caught from it. Hope he gets better!

Liz said...

I am so sorry that he has been so sick. I think this winter has been brutal. I hope he gets feeling better! I love those thighs!

The Quintana Family said...

I love hi little chunky legs!!! I never had chunky babies, and I always wished at least one of them had been because I love when babies are chunky!!! Poor guy though being so sick :( Hope he gets better soon, and hope he had a good first birthday even through all the sickness!

Mykell said...

I'm so sorry that he is so sick. We know how you feel though we've got it too. I can't wait until it gets warm out. I also love the fat legs all three of mine had them. I hope you get better. Happy birthday Brody.

Proctor's said...

oh no! I am sorry he is so sick and to react to the medicine is the pitts! I hope you enjoyed his birthday, poor kid! They sure are cute!
Kerianda

The A Family said...

I've been there, I feel for you!

Emily S said...

So I loved this post when I read it a week ago (ha, you know how I'm on top of thing!). Well, did not love how he was sick (STINKY!) but did love how he turned your heart around. I can't imagine how any girl will ever think she loves one of my boys more than I do.