Wednesday, February 18, 2009

love OR basketball

If any of you know Cody, he lives for basketball. When Brody was just 7 days old Cody went back to work for the first day. Everytime he would call me I would bawl, I could barely speak. Just the thought of being alone killed me. That night when he got home from work I was waiting like a lost pup. I jumped into his arms and held on! Brody was born in February, church basketball season. Yeah, that night it ended up being region championship and of course Cody could not miss it. I was devastated!!! I sat at the dinner table eating my wonderful meal that the Michaelis' family provided (Thank YOU)!!! and I was crying so hard my food tasted like pure salt. (Have you noticed when you cry uncontrollably the tears get in your mouth and it tastes just like salt! No? Well thats what it was like) Cody was sitting on the couch putting on his shoes and I was begging him not to go. I pleaded with him not to leave me! I know pathetic but if any of you have had postpartum you'll understand. I COULD NOT quit crying! It wasn't working. So I pulled the "You'll never live this down" card. Needless to say it didn't work. I know. I know. It was only an hour and I survived but it broke my heart. He really couldn't miss that one game for me. It had already been a tramatic day and I really needed him. Come on, I just gave birth to his son!!!

Now that you all want to run Cody over with your car I'm getting over that. He really is a good guy. But it all lead up to today. He calls me at 8:45 pm. I'm making cookie dough so when he comes home we can relax, eat raw eggs, chit-chat, and watch a little TV before bed. He tells me on the phone he's not coming home he's going to basketball. WHAT THE !!!! Well of course he'll have to stop by so he can get his clothes. Nope. He packed them this morning planning on going. Good thing I knew!! It's really not that big of a deal. I just want you all to know I'm a freakin awesome wife.......I allowed him to go!

10 comments:

Kerissa ~ said...

Agreed!!!

Hayley said...

Isn't PPD a freakin' joy????

When Cade was a week old, his dad had to go on a work project to Kansas for a month. Then when he came home, he promptly got back into his routine of leaving me home on the weekends with the baby to go get trashed with his friends and whore around with every skank in town.

The Quintana Family said...

I completely understand the whole postpartum and everything tasting like salt thing! I could cry over everything and nothing after I had Tasia. You are a good wife!!! I'm sure Cody appreciates you very much :)

Mykell said...

You are a good wife and Cody she be very grateful for you, the fact that you make cookie dough for him says a lot. That is more then Aaron gets, he has to make his own.

Whitney said...

Gotta love PPD! Honestly what is it with boys and their basketball? You are a freakin good wife!:)

Bry and Meliss said...

You're so funny-sometimes I feel a little lonely when Bry goes to play basketball too! But I am usually stuck at home doing homework, so I wouldn't really be able to spend time with him if he were here anyway. So sad! I try to come watch when I can, but it's so hard when I have SO much to do!!!

Kim said...

I just found your blog through Chambrae and thought I would drop you a little note. I guess this is going to be a great way to keep in touch. Come for a visit any time, at www.hopkinzrn.blogspot.com I am so glad I found this, you are now going to be added to my side bar.

Sure do love you!!!

Jules said...

You should have told me that Cody was headed out that night I brought dinner. I would've pulled up a chair and eaten with you. It would have been better consoling you for an hour than listening to my kids fight over who gets the blue cup or the chair closest to daddy.

Next time you make cookie dough and Cody does his bball thing, you call me up. I'm there!

Alicia said...

HAHA!! You crack me up!

Emily S said...

That story almost made me cry . . . there is nothing more pathetic-feeling than postpartum in my experience. The legislature has taken away my husband's basketball season, so I guess that's one less thing to worry about . . . (BTW, the "eat egg" comment makes me giggle.)