Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Model hOme ocd & Love for the Garbage mAN
















First off I don't know how to post a picture and write commentarty next to it so I'll post all my pictures and then give you the skivvys!
Okay... here we go. I know what you are thinking, why pictures of your house? Well take a good look at those beautys. There is NOTHING out of place. LOVE IT!!! My favorite thing to do, (now this is reallly lame,) when cody goes to basketball at night, I put the kids to bed early and I clean. Mop, sweep, vaccum, dust, dishes, wash appliances, blah,blah,blah. And then I like to walk around and admire it. Picture Perfect. I know I'm such a wierd-o. But with 2 kids I rarely ever have it looking so model homish! The struggle for me is the next day. I obviously have everything all angled pricisely and how I want it. The toys are put away nice and neat in a little basket, organized so perfect. And along come my love bugs. Honestly, I struggle not to follow them everywhere and pick up their little crumbs or replace the toys they have strewn all over. It's a battle for me. I took these pictures so when I need a little boost of selfworth I'll scroll through the old blog and reminecse.
Now my love for the garbage man. This is the lamest of lame. The lowest of lows. You know you need some excitement in your life when you can't wait to find out if the garbage man has completely emptied your garbage can. Last week there must have been a box smashed in the middle of the can blocking it so it didn't fully get dumped. It was still half full when I wheeled it up the driveway. I was really bummed. We use a lot of crap in this household and we need that whole thing. Don't tell but I'm constantly sneaking trash into my neighbors can. Sorry Natalie! So this week I actually yelled yahoo when I opened up the lid to find NOTHING!! What a beautiful sight. To me its like starting fresh, a new day at the Cox residence!!!! Well there you have it, my dull life. Its full of perfectly angled furniture and alot of garbage!!!!!

14 comments:

Hayley said...

Holy crap, I was laughing my butt off reading this! Bwahahaha! But it looks awesome, so job well done. It looks like the home of someone who doesn't have kids.

My husband would love being married to you. Either that or you would kill each other in your fits of OCD.

And you're not pathetic or boring or weird... wait until you see the rant I'm going to post tomorrow. I'm the weird one!

Kerissa ~ said...

Oh Melissa...I love you!!! I am going to copy your idea of taking pictures with everything clean because I could use that boost on a daily basis as well!

Bry and Meliss said...

Your house looks SO good! That is exactly what Bry and I want to do to ours! Hard wood floors through the whole downstairs except the living area. It's good to see it done, so we can really be excited for it! It probably won't be this year, but with a little one coming...the carpet in the dining room just won't cut it :)

Amanda said...

You are too cute! I'm jealous that you can keep your house like that. It's beautiful. When my kids go to bed I'm pretty much done for. It's good to hear from you lady.

Kari said...

I am the exact same way! Awesome job getting pictures...maybe that's what I should do. The worst is when you clean so for a party or something and when everyone leaves it's even worse than it was to begin with! Your not alone with the garbage man either! Cute house...looks so new and fresh!

Roberta said...

It should be illegal for a house to look that perfect. There's got to be an imperfection somewhere! I know! Bulging closets where you stuff all the mess? Junk hidden under the beds? No? Well I must say I am jealous!

Mykell said...

Your funny, I wish my house looked half as good as yours. Even with the kids destroying it the house still looks good. Your not lame I could take a few lessons from you. I know you are agreeing with me.

Leesee Girlyfield said...

Wow, it looks amazing! I haven't seen your house since you got wood floors and new carpet. I love it!!! Sometimes it's nice having those nights alone to do the things you want. Although I have to say, cleaning definitely wouldn't be my first pick. ;)

Liz said...

What do you mean "help a girl out" your house looks amazing! You should come help a girl out with decorating, and if your really bored, painting, I have lots of painting :).

Proctor's said...

melissa, I just read your families thing in the newspaper about Raechale! you guys help others sooo much! Thank you for your insight and your attitudes and your testimonies of the Savior! Tell your parents and your family we love you and you are in our thoughts and prayers at this special time for you!
Kerianda

The Quintana Family said...

Thank you! It is sad :( One of my favorite things to do is to get my kids all done up and cute especially for special occaisions! Tasia is just like Austyn! She'll sit still for very little time for me to do her hair, and half the time she pulls it out and you can barely tell I even combed it LOL How are you and your cute family doing? I love to read updates on here. I hope you guys have a good Valentine's Day. I also hope you hold up ok on Sunday :) I admire how strong of a person you are. You are so positive, but not fake and I think that is one of the most amazing qualities a person can have!

Josh and Sharyl said...

I'm not going to let Josh see these pictures cuz then he'll know a house can actually be that clean. lol. Ummm can I rent you for a couple of hours for my place? Just kidding your house is wonderful looking. I know what you mean about the garbage it is a wonderful feeling like a new day.

The Revolutionary said...

I think you stole our hook mirror thingy. Just kidding. we have the same one so i guess that means you just have good taste.

Mykell said...

Hey I was going to let you know that I washed the cushion covers on my couch and they look so good. i washed them in cold on gentle and let the line dry. I was surprised how good they looked, but it didn't take the pen out so you have to prescrub them I guess. But I thought that you would like to know how it turned out.