Saturday, December 20, 2008

Appreciate your Husbands!

I just finished reading my Parents magazine and they had the best article by a single mother. Amazing!! Cody and I both got a kick out of it! You have to read it. I'm not saying you should never complain about your husband, because sometimes you just have to vent, but seriously it sucks being alone! There are some out there that would agree with me. It's not easy! I was super lucky because I have an amazing family that let me live with them and they helped me out tons! And then I ran into Cody (we knew each other from high school) and everything fell into place! His family loved Austyn as if she was their own! But its hard living by yourself. I rented my own place after awhile and when something falls apart who do you call? Okay, once again I always had someone. Cody or my Dad would run right over. I never mowed my own lawn or set up my own furniture or fixed a single broken appliance. Man, I stinkin' love Cody!!!!!

3 comments:

Chambrae said...

Hello!! I just found your blog, your kids are so stinking cute!!! I am glad to see that you are doing well. Happy holidays.

Josh and Sharyl said...

Hey you! Good to hear from you! Yeah it is Hayley's fault I started a blog. lol. I am going to try and get some more pictures up here soon. I can not believe how much Austyn looks like her Aunt! Good job on the kiddos they are absolutly beautiful!(just like their mom!) Yeah that was me that was with you for Josh's birthday party. Crazy how things end up working out huh. Well keep in touch! XOXO Sharyl

The Quintana Family said...

Thanks! I thought it was a good idea too! My kids love to pick out what kind of cake and frosting, and then they put the sprinkles on while we talk about the birth of Jesus. Then we sing happy birthday and have cake! It's something they understand and can associate birthdays with, and it's something fun for us to do together. I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas too!