Monday, December 8, 2008

74!!! And still a kickin!

my Grandpa Elton, Cody and my Dad.
Thats what I'm talking about! 74 and still going!

In a 100 years from now, riding by on a fairly fast horse, you'll never be able to tell. Thats my dads motto because he thinks the cement didn't turn out all that great. We love it!!!!!


That's Thomas (Jared) one of codys best friends from back in the day and he just happens to live down the street!

Kick back and enjoy a monster!
Looking back through our pictures and all the things we've done to this house, this was one I wanted to include. Poor Cody and the list of honey-dos! My grandpa has been doing concrete since my dad was a little boy and he loves it. And as a teenager my dad was his right hand man because it helped keep him out of trouble. So we were really lucky to have them. They did everything!! My grandpa is 74 and still a kickin! He's slowed down a little since a heart attack back in 2001, but he can still hunt a chukar up a mountain or track a coyote down with his eagle eye! It makes me giggle that after they got done pouring the mud they all crack open a Monster energy drink and my grandpa doesn't hesitate to have one also. I wonder how it effected him later that day. We are so lucky to have all of our family in this valley. For our kids to grow up along side their cousins and visit grandmas and great grandmas weekly. And Grandpas!!



4 comments:

Leesee Girlyfield said...

I'm so excited to see you've joined the blogging world! We miss living by you guys! Your cement looks great!

hillarie said...

Such a cute blog, Melissa! And thanks for commenting on mine because I googled for 30 minutes and couldn't find yours! Finally!
I love your dads 'fairly fast horse' comment! That made me laugh! And the monster drinks......

Steven and Kimberly said...

Melissa! I love your blog. I am so excited you finally started. You are so cute, I enjoyed reading your blog with your sence of humor!! How is everyone feeling in the Cox household? Hopefully better. And it was so fun watching your class the other day, but boy o' boy you have some screamers. So much fun!!

Hayley said...

Hey you! Long time, no see. Glad you found me. You have an adorable family. Your daughter definitely looks like you! Anyhoo, stalk away and I'll return the favor!