Saturday, September 5, 2009

swine flu

or so we thought! Thursday night I took Cody to the emergency room. He had a fever of a 104, he couldn't move his body he was in so much pain, and he was having troubles breathing. They took an x-ray, strep culture, and blood tests. 4 1/2 hours later, Strep Throat and Pneumonia. Pretty crappy weekend we've had here. Not to mention our computer went caput again. Thank goodness we know people who are technically savy. And I'm sick also. But I'm thinking its more of a head cold. Not strep. Do you know what its like to have your children so close and you can't even kiss their little cheekies for fear of spreading germs.. Yah it blows. But we are on the mend and super glad we are healthy and not dying of swine flu.








3 comments:

Katie said...

Oh, poor Cody!! But thank goodness it's bacterial and not viral, he should be on the mend in no time. I had pneumonia in the 5th grade and I missed two weeks of school- it was just awful!

I'm glad you didn't get all the germs, but sorry that you got some of the. Being sick AND pregnant is the worst. Hope everyone feels better :)

Mykell said...

Oh man that bites!!! I'm sorry it has been a crummy weekend for you guys!! I agree being sick and pregnant is HORRIBLE!!! I feel for ya. I hope you all get better quickly so you can love on your babies again. How is Austyn liking school and gymnastics? Call us if you need anything!!

Meagan said...

Oh man, that sounds like no fun at all. I am glad to hear you are all feeling better. Swine flu is scary.