Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas 2009 and A Brand Spankin New Year

Austy and Brody after visiting Santa.

Making our cookies for santa. They were enjoying the dough, Austy was pretending to be a reindeer, I guess. You like my cabinets in the background??? Yeah, remember my idea to paint them. Didn't go so swell. So until we can get the green paint off and re-stain thats my punishment. It blows.

Austy, what a goof ball. Christmas Eve at my Grandma Kelsey's.
Their new jammies for Christmas Eve and their animals to sleep with.
Santa came to our house! We tried to cut back because we knew what the grandparents are capable of. :) Its a good thing we did because they were spoiled all the way around.





Cody's Grandma Josie.
Daddi-o

Thats where Brody wanted to spend most of his time; the dog bed.


Wow. Time flies. Christmas flew by and we are on with the new year. Christmas was great at our house. Santa stopped by and the kids were spoiled. Grandparents helped right along with it. And I was able to find a space for everything they accumulated. That makes me a happy mommy. Cody had to work Christmas so we got the kids up at 5:00. They did pretty well. They went back down around 7:00 so we were able to function through the day. I was so sad to see Cody leave the kids. But we are grateful for his job. We'll get him next year and we will be complete with this little monkey. (still no name, poor kid)
We were able to spend Christmas with everyone. My family and Cody's. It was busy but so great to have someone to spend it with.
New Years held a family get together at Grandma Elton's. Prime Rib. I'm not a fan at all so I had a baked potato and some salad. Yumm-o! But Cody was in heaven. It was a great way to wrap up 2009. I love my family and feel super lucky to have them a part of our lives. My parents have been in Florida for the past week and they come home tonight. I'm stoked to see them. Even though I don't live at home anymore I hate having them gone this long. I miss them like crazy!
You know what feels good? Knowing you are right where you are supposed to be. I feel good going into this new year. I'm where I'm supposed to be. Doing the things I'm meant to do. I hope you all feel the same and I wish you the best in this coming year!

6 comments:

Hayley said...

I'm so glad you had a fun Christmas and New Year! You are awesome, my friend. As were the cookies you made :) Feel free to drop baked goods by my house any time lol

Michelle Jensen said...

I feel the same way. I think everyone is so excited for this new year! Love all the cute pictures and we are going to attempt to scale down next year. I think we will do it every other year big and then little, lol. Cute, cute kids. What a fun life.

Mindy R said...

It looks like you guys had a great Christmas! I love Brody's choice of where to hang out. Your kids are so cute, and they looked like they had a blast!

Proctor's said...

how fun! those kids are cute! it was good to see you! you are such a cute pregnant woman!
kerianda

The Quintana Family said...

I'm glad you guys had such a great Christmas!!! Tasia got the same little McDonald's set that's in the picture with Austyn on her bike, and she loves it. I'm terrible at posting pictures lately. I probably should though.

Kelly said...

Great pictures. It's good to see that Santa leaves presents unwrapped at your house too! Your kids are gorgeous...even in their pj's! Thanks for your nice comment! I want to see some pregnant pictures!