Monday, July 6, 2009


I am sick to my stomach. My heart is beating erratically and my nose is working double time when I walk downstairs into the kitchen. I lost our frog!!! Dillon (cody's brother) the sweetheart that he is, won me a swimmer frog at the 4th of July festival! I didn't have the proper facilities so I kept him in a Cool Whip container. I was going to go today (monday) and buy all the necessities. They are supposed to have a lid on their cage because they can escape. Well last night I put it on but not super tight because I didn't want him suffocating! Nice, melissa, nice! He ran away. I don't think he could have gotten very far, being that he needs water. But anywho he's gone! I am just sick. All I keep thinking is he's going to start deteriorating and my house will reek. I hate stinky houses. I have to find him. That is sooooo unsanitary leaving a dead frog just laying around. I know this is going to consume me until I find his rotting corpse. Any suggestions girls???

7 comments:

Meagan said...

That is HILARIOUS. I hope you can find him. Maybe he jumped in your toilet? Good luck finding him..

Hayley said...

Wow. Nope. I have no clue. It's a little funny, though. The Runaway Frog, A Cool Whip Convict.

Unknown said...

Oh Mel, That is so funny. Totally something i would have done. I agree with Meg, have you checked the toilets and tubs? So sad mr. frog R.I.P.

The Quintana Family said...

Oh my gosh that's not good! I would be bugged knowing there is a dying frog in my house too. I hope you find him soon!

Martins said...

I have to admit, I think that's funny too! I'm so sorry though.. I wouldn't even know where to begin... just follow the stench I guess! j/k :) Let's get together again soon... Maybe you can bake us some bread! Oh man, that was funny! J/k, I do have some recipes for ya though!
Heather

Dan said...

That is to funny!
Bring a cat into the house for a while, A cat should be able to sniff out a rotting frog.

Katie said...

Oh, that stinks! Literally. On the bright side, you can always buy another one and pretend it's the original, but that doesn't really help you with the fate of the current frog.

I had a fish in college, I kept him alive for two years and then I went to Italy for the summer to study abroad. One night I called home and my mom sounded weird, I knew right away something was wrong. She said my fish disappeared! She'd been changing his water and he jumped out and she couldn't find him. I'm pretty sure he wound up as a snack for the dogs.