Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!!!!



Yeah!! A brand new, fresh, white page ahead of us. 2009, don't you wonder what its going to bring to you? I love looking back on the year that has passed and all that has happened.

  • My sweet baby Brody!!

  • San Diego in April with my fam (Brody was 9 weeks old, all I did was look for the next nursing station:)

  • Colorado in July with Cody's whole extended fam

  • Cody ripped up our carpet and put in faux wood floors, luv it!!!

  • a new car (brand new to us)

  • a new truck (thanks dad, we still owe on that one)

  • tons and tons of yard work (that never ends)

  • We sold my beater Nissan truck

  • Cody and I are closer than we have ever been in our whole 3 yrs of marriage!

There are a bizzallion things that went on this last year and It has been amazing. I've grown so much this last year as a mother. Sad but true, when I found out we were having a boy I didn't want him. I wanted a girl so bad. I wanted Austyn to have what I had with Raechale. I didn't want any more male hormones running in our house. I didn't want to deal with puberty and all that goes along with that. I was not happy. I tried to hide it but everybody knew. It was awful. Not to mention I gained a good 50 lbs!!!! I was miserable. I know, I was evil.


It was the most beautiful thing when they lifted Brody above the blue sheet in the operating room and I saw his face, those huge cheeks. I hope I never forget my first glimpse of My Son!!! I was instantly in love with him. My life changed completly. I knew Heavenly Father brought him into my life for a reason. I saw Cody differenly. I looked at my sweet innocent child and i knew how Our Heavenly Father looked at Cody. Cody and I had really struggled throughout our relationship. I was not the wife I wanted to be. Having Brody put my relationship with Cody in a different perspective. This year has changed me the most. And I love it. I'm a different person. I am in no way saying I didn't love having Austyn or I didn't love her as much, but my life was hell when she arrived. It had nothing to do with her. She was so beautiful and I loved her so much but my marriage was falling apart and baby blues were kicking my butt!!! That was a really tough year for me. But I survived!


I know, me and my long posts. But i'm just stoked to see what this year will bring me and my family. We've had some pretty stinky years lately and I know there is always a rainbow after the storm!! And there is always something to look forward to. Good luck to all of you!!


4 comments:

Hayley said...

Oh, honey. You're not evil. I wanted a girl so bad and when I found out Cade was a boy, I was nearly devastated. I was so scared of having a kid like my brothers (don't get me started), but now that I have him and he's such a good, laid-back kid, I wouldn't trade him for anything. He was my one true love from the second I laid eyes on him. And I know what you mean about Austyn and your previous marriage... I went through the same thing! I am so looking forward to this baby, because I'll be with someone who is supportive and I won't have to work 12 hour days! And I'm sure your kids will have that bond... how can they not, with a mom like you? You and Raechale are a special pair, and I know you'll encourage that with all your kids. Ok, I'm done.

Proctor's said...

Melissa!
Thank you , Thank you, thank you!!! I sure enjoy reading your blogs and LOVE to see how you are doing! You are truly amazing AND completely normal! I feel the same way with things all of the time with life until I remember how mercifully blessed I have been and I hope you guys keep going! You are truly a great example!
Kerianda

Jessica said...

You are inspiring! I think I need a boy. We need to get together soon.

Liz said...

Your boy is soo cute. You could not anything but love a cute little guy like him! Heavenly Father really know what he is doing and how to go about giving us a new perspective.